11.08.2003

so, check this out for some major dreaming. i always have really big dreams when i have a chance to sleep into the morning. over the weekend i had a doozey.

so a friend of mine, from highschool, and i were sightseeing.
..................................................................
quick digression. . . . i feel that a friend from highschool was a part of this dream because i've had short email conversations about the fact that i am coming up on my 10 year highschool graduation anniversary. *hack, brp, bleh, horl*

note to self. . . get something else dyed, pierced, tatooed to ebb feeling of growing old. . .

however, only my nose piercing was a direct relation to a birthday passing by. the parentals had expected it. . . i hadn't. i never thought i wanted one. then suddenly, i did. . . (yet i rarely do anything impusively) and now i panic when i feel the stud is missing from my nose. i was worried about having to blow my nose with the nose piercing. . . i always thought it would shoot out the side followed by a small stream of snot. not so. in fact . .. after four months of wearing the 14 gauge hoop in my nose--supposedly necessary for decent healing, however quite making me equate my nose to that of a bull--i found that exchanging it for a stud made for ease of blowing my nose. what i did always think i would like pierced was a librette. that's the spot between your lower lip and chin. i have found those really attractive on people. but the thought that someday i want to pick up my french horn again and play regularly kept me from that. i have yet another fear that trying to create the right air pressure and lip placement will send the piercing flying while adding a slight one note whistle--(like that made by my nose when i am stuffed up)---to whatever melody is played on my horn.

two things i have found interesting about the nose piercing. . . when breathing in. . . in cold weather, the ring gets VERY very cold. . . and when running a followspot and breathing in close to the heat vent, the ring gets VERY very hot.

yet, i digress.
.......................................................................

so a friend of mine, from higschool, and i were sightseeing.

it was a castle i had been to twice before. there was iconic frescos on all the walls. the area consisted of a main castle building, a chapel down the hill, and another set of buildings to one side. this castle wasn't like the western european castles. no crenellation, or towers or drawbridge. . . actually, i've been trying to come up with the style and it just came to me. the main building in my dream was rather norse which now makes sense because i had seen the trailer for the next lord of the rings movie. . . . and the castle that 'man' defends takes after norse architecture. ok, so that solves that mystery for me. (aren't you all glad?) then there is the chapel and the other catch all building which was at one time part of the main castle, but had since become a place where a tourist can try authentic cuisine of the area. as my friend and i are touring, i'm trying to remember all the information i had a learned about the buildings from my two previous tours. it was her first time but my third, and this time we weren't on a tour. . . just walking through with no guide. i wasn't remembering anything significant, yet these buildings had tons of history. all i remembered was that when my friend got hungry, i knew that the third building had food. as we walked to the building to get lunch we crested a hill and i could see that on two sides of the land inhabited by the ancient buildings there were skyscrapers being erected. the steel framework was climbed and silhouetted against the blue sky. i thought to myself what a shame to lose the solitude of the area. . .

when we sat down to eat i ordered stuffed cabbage. (it gets weirder) i woke upand was so upset that i couldn't remember any of the historical significance of the buildings, so angry, in fact, with myself that i started racking my brain. . . . where was this place? when was the last time i was there? was the tour part of a school trip? a college trip? who had been with me? the food was german. . . the architecture was norse. . . and the iconic frescos were medieval east-european. . . when was the last time i was in any of these places? oh, right. . . .never. i had dreamed both the tours at a separate time. . . and apparently been bored both times and in effect not remembered much. . . . and had dreamed the trip with my friend from highschool.

and a thought about the whole thing. . .. this plagued me for the first 20 minutes that i was awake saturday morning.



"and we'll be saying a big hello to all intelligent life forms everywhere . . .and to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys."

No comments: