1.29.2009

it's a start

i’m in LA.

well, i’m a little north of LA, but depending who you talk to, it’s all part of the same ‘city state.’

i’m here for a few days to empty my storage unit.

i flew in to the burbank/ bob hope airport. it was about 9:30, but to me it was a little after midnight. this airport dumps your luggage outside, right next to arrival and departure traffic. it sorta feels like a ‘hi, welcome. . . now get out.’ i passed melissa joan hart as i walked to get my rental car. (i never watched ‘sabrina- teenage witch’ but i heard that penn jillette played the devil in a couple of episodes. wouldn’t mind seeing that.) the music playing in the rental car terminal was drippingly 80’s. . . and the song as i signed my contract, ‘dancing in heaven’- one of the dancing montage songs from ‘girls just want to have fun.’ as if suddenly being on the other side of the country in with fifty degree and higher weather isn’t surreal enough.

i’m finding my way around better than i expected, but it feels like the speed limit is ten to twenty miles and hour faster than i remember. it didn’t seem fast to me when i lived here, but i guess my rhythm has changed, and as for circadian rhythm- forget it. it’s a little after 6 am. i should sleep more, but i can’t. might as well get up and be productive, it’s why i’m here anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, hey! You made it! Woo-hoo! I'm thinking of you! Have something really good/nice for yourself on my behalf! And remember, it may be nice stuff, but it's just stuff nonetheless...unless, of course, you run into Brendan Fraser, in which case you are REQUIRED to ship him back to me, k?
Love ya, you can do it!