4.19.2006

dribbles and bits, and bits. . .

. . . and bits. . .

i hate getting out of bed in the middle of the night, even to pee. for the past couple of nights my bladder’s been screaming at me. one night i ignored it. . kept sleeping through, but it forced me to have a dream of peeing. before you get too excited about me possibly peeing the bed. . . that didn’t happen. however, when you pee in a dream, and not in real life. . . you get no release. so there i am, peeing in my dream. . . yet there is no relief. . . should’ve just gotten my ass outta bed to pee.

. . . and bits. . . .

i have a genuine santa fe car now. not because i got new mexico plates- i’ve had those for a while. in fact nothing was added to make my car genuine. . . in fact, something was lost. a hub cap to be exact. lame. and yet, my car seems to fit in better. maybe i should punch out a window and cover it in clear plastic. . . that, or go out and buy an SUV and add some spinners.

. . . and bits. . .

there was a story on npr this morning about a musician in st. louis. i can remember the name. . . but there’s no recordings of his piano playing, except possibly some player piano music reels. someone i knew or know had a player piano. it was either my aunt or my piano teacher. i think it might have been my piano teacher because i seem to remember being allowed to choose a music reel as a reward. i remember choosing, ‘you are so beautiful’. . . i think.

. . . and bits. . .

i used to be a much better task manager. my daily planner at school weighed at least 5 pounds. it was immediately obvious if i didn’t place it in my bag in the morning. my time used to be far more in demand, and i was able to get more done. . . somehow. i blame the lack of urgency in my life, especially during the winter. i need to make a better list, and i need to pay more attention to it, and attack it with a little more veracity. oh well, summer will be here soon enough, free time will be only a figment of my distant memory.

. . . and bits. . .

i used to be incredibly afraid of doctors. after a small childhood trauma i couldn’t go near them. mom and dad bought me a fisher-price doctor kit so i could try to ease into doctor’s visits. i made quite the scene in kindergarten when it was time for our tetanus shots. once i saw the line up of needles in the nurse’s office i just flipped. several, at least three, maybe five? teachers and other adults were called in to hold me down- little 5 year old me, what a hellion. i’ve gotten much better with doctors and needles since. . . but if you think i’m over it i’ve got news for you. during a recent doctor visit i had my blood pressure taken. . . twice. . . since the first number was totally scary, even the doc thought maybe i was suffering from some white coat anziety. the ‘before’ blood pressure was 18. . . that’s EIGHTEEN! points higher than the ‘after’ number.


. . . anyway. . . look at me, blogging mid-week. . . what WILL the neighbors say?

No comments: