2.03.2005

the happy ending to my CRAP day. . .

my crap day started about a half hour before my bedtime last night, when i was told that my phone had been temporarily disconnected. WHAT? i just paid it off in full on sunday. i was just talking to someone yesterday, what the hell? so i checked it. indeed, it had been turned off. the info online of my invoice was confusing, one page said i paid the other said i didn't. so i made the phone call to pay over the phone. the operator told me that my check had been turned away by the bank, but couldn't see why. i couldn't see why either, but i wasn't going to ask them, not after this past week.

how about a little exposition? early in january i discovered that someone had made use of my debit card numbers to make a purchase. i remained calm and made a call to the bank. i had a very helpful operator who walked me through the whole thing and had me trash my current debit card for a new one, that would arrive in 7 to 10 business days. this was tough for me. i DESPISE writing checks. however, it's early february and i don't have a new debit card. i made a call on sunday that was mirrored on monday, to the correct department. my card was sent to my secondary address. . . which is not recognized by the USPS. the USPS address that was correct on every other piece of mail i get from the bank was not used, and no one could tell me why my primary address was bypassed. and more to the point, no one was willing to apologize for it. so, i was told a new card would be sent to the correct address and i would recieve it in another '7 to 10' days. . . there were long pauses in the conversation. as if she was waiting for me to say, 'oh, ok, that sounds great.' i had been totally understanding and rational till this point, where i began to lose my patience. i asked if it was possible to expedite the shipping, since i had been inconvienenced. this was not possible since they couldn't quick ship it to a PO address. . . . 'oh, well my secondary address is a fed ex/ ups address, you can next day it there.' again, . . no, they couldn't. long pause. 'well then, i guess we're done here.' 'is there anything else i can do for you ma'am.' 'no, you just proved that you can't, we are done.' click

at this point i've decided to change banks, this is too much hassle, the bank is too far away to deal with this type of issue. so, i can only expect that something within all this has made my phone bill go haywire, and i can't stand to deal with them anymore.

i hd to make another trip to the bank, late at night to make this whole phone bill thing work. i really expected to get mugged, only because it would so perfectly add one more problem on top of everything. thankfully, it didn't happen. though, with my rage, i could've used a mugger as a punching bag and let off a little steam.

this morning, i was able to see a way through the whole thing, and within a week, i think it will be completely cleared up, bankwise.

moving on to later in the day. after a trip to albuquerque and back. . .

i walked into the office to see the box my brother sent me. (sorry, here comes another long story)

2 weeks ago i'm on the phone with my brother. he tells me he has a box for me. it's my christmas presents. i get excited and tell him to ship it to me, i want the presents! he tells me that there is a 'theme' to the box that i will understand when i see it. jokingly i ask if the theme is 'christmas'. . . no, i will see when i get it.

i don't get it that week, and last weekend, i notified dan that he needed to send the box out because i had had a nightmare about it. in the nightmare i get the box and open it in front of my co-workers. on top is a decent long sleeve black shirt with some clever technician logo on it, then begins the horror. several brightly colored disney themed zipped up hoodies. i pick up each one and am pushed further into wondering how my brother traverse the disney store thinking that, 'this would be perfect for erika.' they had bows, ruffles, and sheep patterned fluff. i remember there being lots of pooh, eeyore, and the bright pink of that ballerina hippo from fantasia. i'm disturbed but dig for the possible redeaming gift of the family guy episodes that i mentioned. i come across a set of books. there were three, but i can only remember the subject matter of two of them. the first, 'how to tell if you are gay' by the fraggles. the second, 'how to masterbate' by the muppets. i think i'm blessed that i can't remember the third. i can only imagine they kept going down hill. (did i mention that my dreams can be REALLY unusual and vivid in detail?) there were other bits of colorful disney cheerfulness inside that i have also forgotten, but i think you get the idea.

so, sometimes my dreams are so vivid that i have a little trouble distinguishing them from reality at first. so i deterred from calling my brother to tell him the dream in case he had actually gotten it for me (and i hadn't just dreamed it), worried that i might hurt his feelings. but later in the day, my jugement was better and i told him the whole dream and we laughed over it.

so, i got the real package today. opened it. and this is what greeted my eyes.




brightly colored, pink even, cheerful, disney character. before showing this and telling the story, i called my brother. 'are you fucking with me?' -no, this was really the present he got for me. the theme was cheshire cat. me and the cheshire go WAY back, to when i played it in a 6th grade play, my email is derived from it. . . . but this was messed up. i was totally jolted the whole day. i shared the story with nearly everyone in the production department. the list of books got the best laughs. - i do admit that if those books existed i would TOTALLY own them. . . who in their right and properly twisted mind wouldn't?!

the next good part of the day was in the form of an email.

my friend swon, who i haven't heard from in about a year, finally emailed me. i was so happy i nearly started crying. i'd emailed her so many times, sent her care packages, letters, i even tried to call her, but getting through to korea that particular night proved impossible. . . damn calling cards.

anyway- along with my talent for bizarre dreams, i have an active imagination. . . . she could've been terminally ill or hurt. . . perhaps her parents no longer wanted a nasty american to influence her life and had some how cut off all communication between us. . . she had been kidnapped and was kept in a dark dank basement, with no internet connection allowed. i know. lame and unbelievable. . . but i missed my friend. anyway, it turned out that she was just incredibly busy. and it sounds like she's doing really well, and i can't wait to get a longer and more informed correspondence from her (hint hint, if you are there swon! ^_^)

i had so much energy all day. i went to the gym tonight, which is usually really rough after a 10 hour day. and instead of having one of those draining workouts that make you feel all run down. i had a great workout. i walked away feeling like i had just played one of my better softball or soccer games in highschool. the music, though i have listened to it thousands of times, was fresh and high energy. i moved easily, i streched really well. there's that moment, that perfect moment when a softball hits the fattest part of the bat. when it hits right, you feel the hit, and hear that crack. you know in that instant how good the hit is. for a split second everything was tense in you, then it breaks and releases in that hit. i felt like i had hit a number of those. electricity was surging through me. i walked out to my car wanting to kick ass. if ONLY i had been born a demon hunting vampire slayer. i would've totally rocked tonight!

anyway. onto the rest of my relaxful evening. i was so pumped about today, i almost sent this entire thing out as an email rather than a blog. . . but i've calmed down a little since then. have a great one!

No comments: