4.10.2004

so. . i had a nice memory the other day, i don't think i've already blogged it, so here tis.

it was my senior year at emerson. i had personally discovered the reason why most theatre technicians walk with their heads hanging low once they pass their sophomore year. . . . we're tired, and we are scared of meeting someone's eye and being asked to put yet one more thing on our plate. i was having exactly one of those days. i figure if i looked dour enough, kept my pace brisk, and looked only at the ground i would discourage anyone from approaching me as i made my way to class. i'm sure it was close to the end of the year. it was rainy, and i think my main focus was the EVVY award show on the way. a very exciting, but rather stressing event.

i was crossing the boston gardens. . . it had just rained, and i made a quick glance upward to make sure that my path had no sudden interuptions. . . and there he was, one of the producers for the EVVY's. i really didn't want to get into a discussion on the subject, so i really put my face downward and sped up a little. then, i met his shoes. he had stopped right in my path. seth graham-smith (at least, i'm pretty sure that was his full name) a really nice guy, as far as tv (non tech) guys are concerned. . .i just didn't want to dealw ith whatever new idea he had. so. . . stopped in my path i said a quick 'hi.' he put his arm around my shoulder and said, 'i have a favor i want to ask you'

DAMMIT. . . i thought. . . . . . but i asked what was on his mind. he asked me to walk to the end of the path of the gardens before i cross to the commons and then take a second to look back towards arlington street. i gave him my beest, 'ok, i'm puzzled' face. and he quickly clarified.

'it's just rained, and the sun is setting. . . you can catch the sunset, as well as it's reflection in the puddles in the garden. . . . just do it.' he smiled and left.

i walked to the end of the gardens, and looked back. he was right. it was really wonderful. all the little puddles of saturated colors mirroring the sunset over the city. i remember i hadn't been having a good day. .. though i don't remember the specifics. and here was something that i had completely not anticipated. . . . he caught me so off guard, and his intentions were so sweet. damn him! i had kept my composure over whatever was angering me all day. . . . and there i was crying over something exceptionally sweet and pretty.

thanks seth.

No comments: