7.29.2008

aha!. . . it's not just me. . .i knew it!. . . dammit.


situation: an older sister is visiting her younger brother in boston. he currently lives there, but they both attended college there. she’s happy to be visiting her brother and hanging out in a place where she has fond memories. they are walking down the street on a bright afternoon, hoping to see friends and meet up for dinner.

after passing a few people on the sidewalk a bit of bothersome paranoia sets in on the older sister. she turns to her brother and asks,

“Do I have something in my teeth?” She gives an overly toothy grin.

“No,” he replies.

“Something on my face, in my hair. . . anything weird?”

Their pace slows a bit.

“No,” again he replies and blandly adds, “Why, because everyone we pass seems to be staring at you intensely?”

“Yeah, you see it too?” She’s relieved and exasperated.

“Yeah, I don’t get it.”

They both shrug a little, and move on.






- The problem with being paranoid, is when you’re right.

No comments: